CCMTB Downhill Series Race 2
23 September 2018.
The CCMTB 2018 Gravity Downhill race series returns to Ourimbah.
The race will consist of a single stage of downhill at our Ourimbah MTB Park.
Sunday will have 2hrs of practice from 9am till 11pm. Then from 11am race runs commence.
You will get two runs in categories riders seperated by 30-60 seconds.
Senior $45 Junior $35
22 Sept 2018
Recommend booking Practice shuttles CCMTB Tours
(CCMTB members get a $5 discount on shuttle, bring your MTBA licence)
23 Sept 2018
- Chip Collection: 07:30 – 08:00.
- Rider Briefing: 8:30.
- Practice 9-11am
Run 1: 11:00 – 12:00
Run 2: 12:30 – 1:30
- Podiums – 1:45..(approx)*Timing depends on numbers of riders
- Body armour is recommended.
- 2 timed race runs with fastest time recorded for club championship point score.
- 1st=80 2nd=65 3=55 4=48 5=43 6=38 7=33 8=29 9=25 10=22 11th=20 12=19 and so on.
- DNF will be awarded 5 points and DNS will be awarded 1 point
- All Junior and especially Under 15/13 riders are expected to have at least sighted the DH trail on the mountain and be riding appropriate bikes for the terrain. We recommend riding our trails in the weeks leading up to your first race. Under 13 yo who have not sighted the trails MUST ride with a parent or gaurdian.
Full face helmet only (no removable chinbar helmets)
|Protective gear||Full face helmet is a requirement. Removeable chinbar helmets are NOT approved by MTBA.
U17 and younger categories also must wear knee and elbow guards as well as full finger gloves.
We further recommend neck and back protection.