CCMTB Enduro Series Race 3
3 June 2018.
The CCMTB 2018 Gravity Enduro series race series returns to Ourimbah. The race will consist of 4 stages of descending sections of the bike park tied together with transitions.
Senior $25 Junior $20
The series this year will be increasing in difficulty with each round, longer stages where not only skills but fitness and ability to recover will play a role.
Round 3 will be 3 stages with 4 runs*
- Full DH track
- (TWO RUNS, BEST TIME COUNTS) All MTN trail (starting on demtel) finish at drop off onto potters gulley rd. Junior U15 can choose to do only 1 run.
- Full OLD DH track.
You will be required to ride up Red Hill Rd to the start of the downhill track twice and Demtel hill (potters gulley rd) Twice.
3rd June 2018
- Chip Collection: 07:30 – 08:00.
- Rider Briefing: 8:30.
- Race: 09:30 – 12:00.(approx)
- Podiums – 12:30.
- Body armour is recommended.
- Four timed runs with combined time recorded for club championship point score.
- 1st=80 2nd=65 3=55 4=48 5=43 6=38 7=33 8=29 9=25 10=22 11th=20 12=19 and so on.
- DNF will be awarded 5 points and DNS will be awarded 1 point
- Track length is variable for each of the timed runs.
- No bike swapping allowed!
- 26, 650b or 29er – Run what you brung and prepare for a great day’s racing.
- All Junior and especially Under 15 riders are expected to have at least sighted trails on the mountain and be riding appropriate bikes for the terrain. We recommend riding our trails in the weeks leading up to your first enduro race.
MTBA Helmet and Protection Rules
4.3. For all events in the GE National Season riders are required to wear a Full Face helmet whilst riding the special stages of the events.
4.4. For Gravity Enduro events only the modular helmet with a removable chin piece will be considered a full face helmet.
4.5. In Under 15 and Under 17 competition, the following equipment is mandatory at all times while riding special stages:
a. Full-finger gloves must be worn
b. Elbow pads must be worn
c. Knee pads must be worn.