An intermediate level track with B lines around the large jumps and rock gardens. What this track lacks in flat out speed, it makes up for in tight and technical sections with trees within reach along most of the course.
FULL FACE HELMETS ARE COMPULSORY FOR ALL DH CLUB EVENTS
DH race day fees are $45 plus an additional Race Day Licence if you are not an MTBA member:
- $33 – Non MTBA member (19+ years)
- $20 – Non MTBA member – (18 years & under)
- $15 – MTBA Recreation member upgrade
- Chip Collection: 07:45 – 08:00.
- Rider Briefing: 8:30.
- Practice 9-11am
Run 1: 11:00 – 11:30
Run 2: 11:45 – 12:15
- Podiums – 12:45..(approx)*Timing depends on numbers of riders
Race day Shuttles will be provided by the club and are included in your race entry fee. Absolutely no private shuttles allowed, anybody using private shuttles will be disqualified.
Categories are defined by your age in the current year
Downhill Categories *may be changed on raceday if low numbers.
Male + Female:
- Body armour is recommended.
- 2 timed race runs with fastest time recorded for club championship point score.
- 1st=80 2nd=65 3=55 4=48 5=43 6=38 7=33 8=29 9=25 10=22 11th=20 12=19 and so on.
- DNF will be awarded 5 points and DNS will be awarded 1 point
- All Junior and especially Under 15/13 riders are expected to have at least sighted the DH trail on the mountain and be riding appropriate bikes for the terrain. We recommend riding our trails in the weeks leading up to your first race. Under 13 yo who have not sighted the trails MUST ride with a parent or gaurdian.
Full face helmet only (no removable chinbar helmets)
|Protective gear||Full face helmet is a requirement. Removeable chinbar helmets are NOT approved by MTBA.
U17 and younger categories also must wear knee and elbow guards as well as full finger gloves.
We further recommend neck and back protection.
- Track length is about 1.8 kilometres.
- Start elevation is 215 metres. Finish elevation is 35 metres. Total elevation drop 180 metres. For an average slope of 1 in 10.