Gravity Enduro is a relatively new racing style combining multiple gravity stages combined with uphill (untimed) transitions to the start of each stage.
The Ourimbah GE uses the downhill track, all mountain and cross country tracks. It is a challenging track with ‘B’ (easier) lines around the difficult sections and can be very unforgiving with many rocky sections and trees that are close to the edge of the track.
Each round this season will be increasing in difficulty, longer stages where not only skills but fitness and ability to recover will play a role.
All DH races will be National Cup T2 events.
Points based on your results are accrued towards your National ranking. Check out 2019-MTBA-National-Cup-Participants-Guide
GE race dates for the remainder of the season are
- 16th June 2019
- 16th August 2019
- 20th October 2019
General Gravity Enduro Event Information
GE race day fees are $30 – 55 plus an additional Race Day Licence if you are not an MTBA member:
As a National Cup event riders accrue points towards their National ranking. More info on the National Cup and points system
MTBA Membership or a race day licence is essential. If you plan on doing 3+ races then purchasing an annual membership is more worthwhile. When registering for the event any non MTBA members will require the purchase of a day licence.
- $33 – Non MTBA member (19+ years)
- $20 – Non MTBA member – (18 years & under)
- $15 – MTBA Recreation member upgrade
If new to racing then check out the MTBA free trial membership
For kids use your Active Kids voucher to get your full race licence
All events use online registration. There is no registration on the day as we have to add you our timing system and its quicker to get riding. Categories are defined by your age as of the 31st December of the current year. The online registration will allocate your correct race category based on your age and gender.
All valid runs count to the overall accumulated time and in true Enduro style, time penalties will apply if you get busted getting your mates to drag you up the hill.
Registration is from 7.30am – 8am, racing starts at 9:30am and concludes at 1230. Podiums are 12:30 – 1 pm.
For National Cup events Saturday is also an official practice day with shuttles provided at an additonal charge.
- Body armour is recommended.
- Three to four timed runs with combined time recorded
- Club championship point score 1st=80 2nd=65 3=55 4=48 5=43 6=38 7=33 8=29 9=25 10=22 11th=20 12=19 and so on.
- DNF will be awarded 5 points and DNS will be awarded 1 point
- Track length is variable for each of the timed runs.
- No bike swapping allowed!
- 26, 650b or 29er – Run what you brung and prepare for a great day’s racing.
- All Junior and especially Under 15 riders are expected to have at least sighted trails on the mountain and be riding appropriate bikes for the terrain. We recommend riding our trails in the weeks leading up to your first enduro race.
- *U15 & U13 can self shuttle up Red Hill Rd.
MTBA Helmet and Protection Rules
For all events in the GE National Season riders are required to wear a Full Face helmet whilst riding the special stages of the events.
For Gravity Enduro events only, the modular helmet with a removable chin piece will be considered a full face helmet.
In Under 15 and Under 17 competition, the following equipment is mandatory at all times while riding special stages:
a. Full-finger gloves must be worn
b. Elbow pads must be worn
c. Knee pads must be worn.