The Ourimbah DH track is an intermediate level track with B lines around the large jumps and rock gardens. This track combines jumps, high speed sections plus tight and technical features with trees within reach along most of the course.
Track length is about 1.8 kms. Start elevation is 215 metres. Finish elevation is 35 metres. Total elevation drop 180 metres. For an average slope of 1 in 10.
DH Race dates for 2023
Races will be on the second Sunday every second month alternating with the Enduro event. Dates may be adjusted subject to Public Holidays or recheduled due weather.
Sunday 19 March
Sunday 14 May
Sunday 16 July
May 2019 RedAss DH National Cup
Check out the track top to bottom
General Downhill Event Information
DH race day fees are $35 – $65 plus an additional Race Day Licence if you are not an MTBA member:
As a National Cup event riders accrue points towards their National ranking. More info on the National Cup and points system
MTBA Membership or a race day licence is essential. If you plan on doing 3+ races then purchasing an annual membership is more worthwhile. When registering for the event any non MTBA members will require the purchase of a day licence.
- $33 – Non MTBA member (19+ years)
- $20 – Non MTBA member – (18 years & under)
- $15 – MTBA Recreation member upgrade
If new to racing then check out the MTBA free trial membership
For kids use your Active Kids voucher to get your full race licence
All events use an online registration. There is no registration on the day as we have to add you our timing system and its quicker to get riding. Categories are defined by your age as of the 31st December of the current year. The online registration will allocate your correct race category based on your age and gender.
- Chip Collection: 07:45 – 08:00.
- Rider Briefing: 8:30.
- Practice 9-11:30am
- Race commences at midday
- Podiums – 4 pm (approx) Timing depends on numbers of riders
Race day shuttles are be provided by the club and are included in your race entry fee. Absolutely no private shuttles allowed, anybody using private shuttles will be disqualified.
For National Cup events Saturday is also an official practice day with shuttles provided at an additional charge.
- Body armour is recommended.
- Two timed race runs with fastest time recorded
- Club championship point score 1st=80 2nd=65 3=55 4=48 5=43 6=38 7=33 8=29 9=25 10=22 11th=20 12=19 and so on.
- DNF will be awarded 5 points and DNS will be awarded 1 point
- All Junior and especially Under 15/13 riders are expected to have at least sighted the DH trail on the mountain and be riding appropriate bikes for the terrain. We recommend riding our trails in the weeks leading up to your first race. Under 13 yo who have not sighted the trails MUST ride with a parent or gaurdian.
A Full face helmet is essential. Removeable chinbar helmets for DH events are NOT approved by MTBA.
U17 and younger categories also must wear knee and elbow guards as well as full finger gloves.
We further recommend neck and back protection.