vity Enduro races includes multiple gravity stages combined with uphill (untimed) transitions to the start of each stage.
The Ourimbah GE uses Back in Black, Gravitron, Amaroo and some sections of the cross country tracks. It is a challenging track with ‘B’ (easier) lines around the difficult sections and can be very unforgiving with many rocky sections and trees that are close to the edge of the track.
Each round this season will be increasing in difficulty, longer stages where not only skills but fitness and ability to recover will play a role.
GE races dates for 2023
Races will be on the second Sunday every second month alternating with the Downhill event. Dates may be adjusted due to Public Holidays
Sunday 9 Apr
Sunday 18 Jun
General Gravity Enduro Event Information
GE race entry fee junior or adult, member or non member are published on the event registration page. If you do not have a race licence with Auscycling you will be prompted to pay a day race licence fee.
Auscycling Race Membership or a race day licence is essential. If you plan on doing 3+ races then purchasing an annual membership is more worthwhile.
If new to racing then check out the AusCycling free trial membership
For kids use your Active Kids voucher to get your full race licence
All events use online registration. There is no registration on the day as we have to add you our timing system and its quicker to get riding. Categories are defined by your age as of the 31st December of the current year. The online registration will allocate your correct race category based on your age and gender.
All valid runs count to the overall accumulated time and in true Enduro style, time penalties will apply if you get busted getting your mates to drag you up the hill.
Registration is from 7.30am – 830am, rider briefing is primarily via email with any race day updates at 830am. Racing starts promptly at 9:00am and concludes at 12. Podiums are 12:30 – 1 pm.
- Body armour is recommended.
- Three to four timed runs with combined time recorded
- Club championship point score 1st=80 2nd=65 3=55 4=48 5=43 6=38 7=33 8=29 9=25 10=22 11th=20 12=19 and so on. Club members only accru points for the series, with places shifted accordingly.
- DNF will be awarded 5 points and DNS will be awarded 1 point
- Track length is variable for each of the timed runs.
- No bike swapping allowed!
- 26, 650b or 29er – Run what you brung and prepare for a great day’s racing.
- All Junior and especially Under 15, 13, 11 etc riders are expected to have at least sighted trails on the mountain and be riding appropriate bikes for the terrain. We recommend riding our trails in the weeks leading up to your first enduro race.
- U13 only are provided 1 – 2 shuttles per stage – if the stage starts from the top of Red Hill Rd. Stages such as Rollercoaster are accessed internally and no shuttles are available in this case.
MTBA Helmet and Protection Rules
For all events in the GE National Season riders are required to wear a Full Face helmet whilst riding the special stages of the events.
For Gravity Enduro events only, the modular helmet with a removable chin piece will be considered a full face helmet.
In Under 11, 13, 15 and 17 competition, the following equipment is mandatory at all times while riding special stages:
a. Full-finger gloves must be worn
b. Elbow pads must be worn
c. Knee pads must be worn.